Head Office — VIC
An exciting and rare opportunity is now available for those seeking to work as a Fashion Designer with a renowned Australian owned company which prides itself on an unbeatable culture.
This role reports to the Head Designer and works closely with all team members to create, design and produce high quality garments for the Kookai customer. This full-time position is based in our Head Office in Hawthorn East, Melbourne.
We are searching for creative designers that are passionate, have an eye for detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Designing the Kookai apparel collection (fashion and basics)
- Designing a cohesive range ensuring design outputs are met
- Researching colour, print, fabrication and style trends
- Working with the Patternmakers and QA team throughout the sampling process
- Creating technical drawings from concept sketches
- Preparing and updating specification sheets & technical packs
Software Requirements and Experience:
- Qualification in Fashion Design and or clothing production
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret patterns
- Proven experience as a fashion designer
The ideal candidate will have:
- A creative flair, driving innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Pragmatic, hands on approach
- Organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and work with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
Kookai offers a new and spacious office environment, social and team events, in-house health and wellbeing programs and a 50% employee discount for this role. Our culture is one that is supportive, friendly, passionate, easy going and collaborative which makes this a great place to be as reflected in our high engagement and staff retention levels.
You will also have the opportunity to support our Katalyst Foundation and contribute in helping break the cycle of poverty in Fiji.
Embrace this fantastic career opportunity to be a part of our wonderful team.
Note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.