Head Office — VIC
KOOKAI is an innovative global fashion retail icon. As a growing business, we are excited to announce a newly created Product Development role which is now available for those seeking to work with a renowned Australian company which prides itself on an unbeatable culture.
Being a vertical business with factories based in Fiji and Sri Lanka, this is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career and to be a part of our global journey. This is a full-time role based in our Head Office located in Hawthorn East, Melbourne.
The Product Developer is a key role within the Design Department as they are responsible for developing, coordinating and liaising with suppliers and internal teams on the ‘Finished Product’ development for the Kookai range. It involves supporting the designers with the development of all offshore lines ensuring design work (including technical packs) are on time and in line with company standards.
- Researching the apparel product (denim and knitwear categories with a small portion of non-apparel) targeted to the Kookai customer
- Developing a cohesive range that compliments the Kookai collection, driving innovation and creativity
- Coordinating, sourcing, developing, sampling and negotiating pricing with suppliers
- Preparing the measurement and comments for all weekly fit sessions when required
- Participating in range planning meetings when required
- Managing the internal lab dipping process
- Working with the design team to identify any gaps or opportunities in order to maximise sales
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders to ensure critical issues or developments are highlighted and resolved
- Ensuring PLM systems are up to date and planned effectively
- In conjunction with the buying and planning team, analysing styles and trends within Kookai’s target market and preparing style and theme boards for seasonal inspiration
- Pro-actively and consistently improving product quality, pricing and fit
- Completing specifications on time and ensuring all information regarding design, measurements, fabrications etc. are effectively communicated
- Ensuring technical packs are accurate and completed in line with set timeframes
Ideally you have:
- Diploma or Degree in Fashion Design or related qualification
- Previous experience in dealing with off-shore factories and manufacturing
- Experience working with fully fashioned knitwear and denim
- Proficient production, fabric, fibre and construction knowledge
- Hand drawing skills a bonus
- Competency using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Competency using Microsoft Office Packages
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
KOOKAI offers a new and spacious office environment, social events and in-house wellbeing programs. Our culture is one that is supportive, friendly, passionate, easy going and collaborative which makes this a great place to be as reflected in our high engagement and staff retention levels.
You will also have the opportunity to support our charity (Katalyst Foundation) and contribute in helping break the cycle of poverty in Fiji.
Embrace this opportunity to be a part of our wonderful team.
If interested, apply today.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted but we sincerely thank all applicants in their interest.