Head Office — VIC
Have you recently completed studies in Interior Design or Architecture and want to kickstart your career?
This role lays the foundations in order to progress into a Store Designer.
An amazing and rare opportunity is now available for those seeking to work and gain experience working with a renowned Australian-owned and run company which prides itself on an unbeatable culture.
Our Head Office Store Design department is growing, and we are now searching for a candidate that has excellent communication skills, is deadline focused and has high attention to detail.
This role will work alongside our other Store Design Assistant and will focus on day-to-day management of repairs and maintenance. The Store Design Assistant is also responsible for complying with design reports and assisting Store Designers drawing concept design plans and documentation drawings.
This opportunity is a full time and is based in our Head Office located in Hawthorn East, Melbourne.
Areas of responsibility:
- Managing and resolving all repairs and maintenance issues for our retail stores
- Travelling to stores and conduct site visits for progress of shop fit outs
- Ensuring all aspects of the project management are carefully co-ordinated
- Ordering, liaising and maintaining effective relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Documenting onsite conditions from initial site meeting with the team
- Sourcing and managing quotations, invoices and payment with approval
- Qualification in Interior Design/Architecture
- Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and visualise in 3D
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and keep to deadlines
- Ability to multitask and highly organised
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- A passion for fashion retail
As part of our induction program, the successful candidate will be required to do a full time 4-week placement in one of our KOOKAI retail stores. Experiencing our shop floor is key to understanding the elements that go into executing the design of a KOOKAI store. Our Store Design aesthetic is constantly evolving, and it all begins with fulfilling the ultimate customer experience.
The Kookai culture is one that is supportive, friendly, passionate, easy going and collaborative which makes this an enjoyable workplace to be, as reflected by our high engagement and staff retention levels. We are all about our people and offer flexible working hours, social and team bonding events, daily fruit packs, in-house health and wellbeing programs, personal development plans, and a generous employee discount.
Our head office is a new and spacious environment with a great café next door for coffee and lunch!
We are also really proud to be working for a greater purpose by having the opportunity to support our Katalyst Foundation and contribute to helping break the cycle of poverty in Fiji.
Embrace this fantastic career opportunity to be a part of our wonderful team.
Good luck, we are excited to hear from you.
Notes: as part of your application, please include a portfolio. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.