Head Office — VIC
Would you like to be the next Kookai fashion designer? This is a rare career opportunity and one not to be missed!
Kookai is a dynamic and innovative global fashion retail icon. We design and create beautiful garments for our customers and are proud to be a leader within the fashion retail industry. We have an incredible position available for those seeking to advance their design career with a renowned Australian-owned and run company which prides itself on having the friendliest people.
We are searching for a creative senior designer that is passionate, has an eye for detail and thrives working in a fast-paced environment. A talented senior designer that will not only add value to the Kookai design collection but some one that will naturally mentor, support and coach our passionate junior design team to success. Working alongside many other key departments within the company, this is an integral role and one that requires a true team player.
This is a full-time opportunity and is based in our Head Office located in Hawthorn East, Melbourne.
Areas of responsibility:
- Designing a cohesive range (in both fashion and basics) targeted to the Kookai customer
- Ensuring design outputs are achieved and all areas of the range plan are in line with the critical path and within budget
- Researching and driving style trends, colour trends, print and fabric development
- Setting the seasonal direction with the design team
- Driving ongoing innovation
- Supporting the Design Manager by coaching and training the junior design team
- Participating in fittings
- Working closely with the Patternmakers and QA team throughout the sampling process
- Working closely with the Buying and Production teams
- Creating technical drawings and specification sheets, when required
Requirements and experience:
- Qualification in fashion design and or clothing production
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- General understanding in reading, analyzing and interpreting patterns
- High level of technical construction knowledge
- Proven experience as a designer within a fashion apparel company
The ideal candidate will have:
- A creative flair
- Effective communication
- Ability to multitask and work with a sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- High motivation
- Leadership skills
- Adaptability and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A hands-on, pragmatic approach
The Kookai culture is one that is supportive, passionate, easy going and collaborative which makes this an enjoyable workplace to be, as reflected by our high engagement and staff retention levels. We are all about our people and offer flexible working hours, social and team bonding events, daily fruit packs, in-house health and wellbeing programs, personal development plans, and a generous employee discount.
Our head office is a new and spacious environment with a great café next door for coffee and lunch! We are also really proud to be working for a greater purpose by having the opportunity to support our Katalyst Foundation and contribute to helping break the cycle of poverty in Fiji.
Embrace this fantastic and once in a lifetime career opportunity to be a part of our Kookai family.
Good luck, we are excited to hear from you.
Note: as part of your application, please include a portfolio. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.