Head Office — VIC
Kookai is a dynamic and innovative Global Fashion Retail Company. An exciting Part Time Role (4 days per week) is available for those seeking to further develop their store design expertise. This role is based in our Hawthorn East Head Office in Melbourne.
The Store Designer reports directly to the Store Design Manager and works closely with all team members in order to design, manage and produce high quality Kookai retail stores.
This role is a great opportunity to develop your existing design and management skills within a leading fashion company which prides itself on a fantastic culture.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Concept design, design develop and construction documentation (AutoCAD 2D and 3D)
- Procurement of materials, fixtures and fittings
- Co-ordination of Kookai appointed contractors
- Project management from concept through to store opening
- Tendering the project to multiple shopfitters and appointing
- Management of store budget (excel software)
- Visiting stores and identifying store design improvements
Software Requirements and Experience:
- Qualification in Interior Design / Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in a similar retail design role
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Pragmatic, hands on approach
- Organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and work with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
Kookai offers a new and spacious office environment, social and team events, in-house health and wellbeing programs and a 50% employee discount for this role. Our culture is one that is supportive, friendly, passionate, easy going and collaborative which makes this a great place to be as reflected in our high engagement and staff retention levels.
You will also have the opportunity to support our Katalyst Foundation and contribute in helping break the cycle of poverty in Fiji.
Embrace this rare career opportunity to be a part of our wonderful team.
Note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.