We just loved the hair and makeup looks created by our hair partner, L’Oreal Professionnel, and makeup partner, Napoleon Perdis, for our AW16 Runway Show last month and we want to help you recreate the beauty looks at home!
In keeping with the effortless styling of our latest collection, we opted for a natural and neutral look for our runway models, with a hint of glamour around the eyes to really make them pop.
To create this look we used the following techniques:
Lips: Nearly nude lipstick with a slight gloss (Napoleon Perdis Minimal Lips Simplicity)
Brows: Pencilled, defined and shaped brows (Napoleon Perdis Couture Brow Kit)
Cheeks: Defined, bronzed cheeks with shimmer highlighter (Napoleon Perdis Matte Bronze, Dreamy Duchess Cream Blush and Light Switch Luminizer Palette in Pink Ice)
Eyes: Fine black eyeliner to the top of the lid, dusted with blended bronze and brown eyeshadow around the eyes (Napoleon Perdis Matte Eye Ink, Color Disc in Espresso To Go and Loose Eye Dust in Copper Element).
We worked with two distinct looks for our AW16 Runway: an understated, but considered, hair down look and a loose, textured pony tail. Both styles present a beautiful, soft and simple silhouette with a middle part and can easily be recreated at home.
Getting a cool, effortless down style is as easy as 1,2,3:
- To create volume, apply mousse to damp hair from roots to ends and then blow dry with a round brush (L’Oreal Professionnel Techni.Art Volume Lift Mousse)
- Using a curling tong, curl vertical sections around your middle part
- Brush the lengths of your curls with a paddle brush to create a more relaxed look, add some texture dust and don't forget to spray your new do! (L’Oreal Professionnel Techi.Art Texture Dust and Air Fix Spray)
Create a loose, slightly dishevelled pony tail, in just a few steps:
- Create volume by blow drying the hair with a round brush
- For the pony tail, section the hair from ear to ear to create a top and bottom section. Using your fingers, starting with the back lengths to rake the hair into a pony tail just below the crown.
- To create height, add some texture dust at the crown area and slightly back comb the area. With your middle part in place, add the remaining lengths to the ponytail using a second hair tie. (L’Oreal Professionnel Techi.Art Texture Dust)
- Don't forget to spray to ensure your look stays! (L’Oreal Professionnel Techi.Art WildStylers Next Day Hair Spray).